[WikiEN-l] Notability in Wikipedia

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Apr 27 22:59:43 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/27/2009 3:40:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com writes:

If we  can agree something is the sensible thing to do, then we do it.
That's  what IAR is all about, and why "multiple third-party sources" may
be a  good rule of thumb, but, like most rules, must never become Holy
Writ.  (See WP:IAR).>>

-------------------------

So we let creep in such chestnuts as "King Arthur is the ancestor of the
present Queen Elizabeth" because this is repeated on 12 websites of "local
genealogy" societies.

If there is some specific case about which you're on, maybe you might bring
 it up directly.  Otherwise the proper place to thrash it out would be on
the Reliable Sources discussion board maybe.

For the examples given so far however, I'm just not seeing it.  If  some
architectural marvel is so marvelous, then it would be written up, outside  of
some amateur enthusiast's web page.

Will Johnson

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220572846x1201387511/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=