[WikiEN-l] Using Wikipedia to out pseudonymous Erwin James, Guardian writ...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Apr 24 22:54:26 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/24/2009 3:19:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
thomas.dalton at gmail.com writes:

> Mr  "Brown" shot his wife on 13 Aug 2006 in Lincoln, Nebraska.  She died
on
> the way to the hospital leaving him with three teen-aged  boys.
>
> John Smith shot his wife on 13 Aug 2006 in Lincoln,  Nebraska.  She died
on
> the way to the hospital leaving him with  three teen-aged boys.
>
> Trivial?  I would say it's  trivial.

I wouldn't. It's hardly unheard of for two people to shoot  their wives
in the same city on the same day. That's pretty strong evidence  that
they are the same person, but it is far from  100%.>>
---------------------

You trivialize the example by ignoring it's completeness.  He didn't  just
shoot his wife.
As contributors we have to be able to recognize when two things are the
same thing.  That is part of our discernment.  The identity equation  is a
trivial observation.  It's the most trivial we can make.

Will Johnson

**************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221421330x1201417418/aol?redi
r=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Ap