[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] Board statement regarding biographies of l...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 21:39:52 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/23/2009 2:16:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ft2.wiki at gmail.com writes:

You take  the OTRS volunteer's word that they
have indeed checked the person granting  permission was in fact checked and
ensured they were the copyright holder  as they claimed, or their
representative.
Same  thing.>>

--------------------------

That's a much more minor issue than a person claiming to be Barack Obama
and then spouting a lot of nonsense just on the say-so of an OTRS  volunteer.
 This would probably pass and be fine, until we have that  enormously
embarrasing incident (which is bound to come) where the whole thing  blow egg in
our face.

The fewer eyes you have on an issue, the more likely it's going to
explode.  Creating more black boxes that few to one person ever can view  and
analyze is not the answer to our "open society" experiment.  The more  open we
are, the better it is for all concerned.  The more closed we are,  the more
likely we will have rising problematic issues.

Will

**************Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219799634x1201361008/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B214133440%3B36002254%3Bj)