[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] Board statement regarding biographies of l...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 21:36:51 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/23/2009 2:14:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
arromdee at rahul.net writes:

Even if  you word it as "they won't refuse to jump through the hoop unless
they're  lazy", you're still making them jump through a hoop.  Not everyone
has  a blog, let alone the ability to publish very minor facts about
themselves
in a print source.>>

-----------------------------------
Right and I already stated what might happen if they do not have their own
official web site.  You missed the discussion we're having on the OTRS
issue with that right now.

All readers and writers in-project have to "jump through hoops".  No  one
is exempt from jumping.  Not I. Not you.  And we certainly  shouldn't create
a new class of "whoever claims to be uh... Cloris Leachman gets  a
no-hoop-jumping pass so she can tell us that she doesn't have throat cancer,  she has
liver cancer."  or whatever.

No one gets the get-out-of-jail free card in the Wiki world.  Not even  the
co-founders ;0

Will

**************Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219799634x1201361008/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B214133440%3B36002254%3Bj)