[WikiEN-l] Daniel Brandt

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 03:57:19 UTC 2007

On 2/24/07, Phil Sandifer <Snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Our due process is capricious and based on who shows up.

This is part of what I call the "loud minority effect" which is an
evil version of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". This is when
small numbers of highly opinionated people just happen to yell louder
then everybody else.

>This is most
> obvious on AfD, where articles are serially renominated until they
> get deleted. The renominations are justified under the slogan
> "consensus can change," but in practice it's not consensus that
> changes - few of the people who voted keep the previous few times
> even show up to weigh in. That's not consensus changing - that's the
> equivalent of asking daddy if you can have a cookie because mommy
> said no.

I once suggested a limited "double jeopardy" system for AFD but not
too many people liked it. I thought it would keep articles from
getting nominated over and over and over again. Notable things don't
one day magically stop being notable.