[WikiEN-l] Ken Lay's death prompts confusion on Reuters

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Wed Jul 19 08:47:21 UTC 2006

Anthony wrote:

> Maybe a guideline that new information shouldn't be added for a week
> or two unless it is necessary to correct something old (adding in a
> date of death, for instance).  The guideline could be part of a
> template, which includes a link to the wikinews story, for those who
> want to participate in such things.
>
> It'd be a win-win for Wikipedia and Wikinews.

Hmm...  "This article is related to a current event.  The information
given here may be outdated.  For up-to-date information, see [[SUBJECT]]
on Wikinews."?

Sounds good to me.

There's some existing discussion about a similar proposal (sans actual
guideline) at <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template_talk:Current>.
Might not be a bad idea to revive it, though.  Do we actually _have_ a
policy/guideline on current events?  All I can find is links to the portal.

--
Ilmari Karonen