[WikiEN-l] Office actions

Earle Martin wikipedia at downlode.org
Fri Dec 15 20:09:52 UTC 2006

> I don't think Earle needs to be put on moderation, I think Earle needs a
> big hug.

Aw, shucks.

> Earle, I can tell you that nothing is approaching anything like the Open
> Directory Project.

I'm very glad to hear it. Speaking from bitter experience as ex-ODP...
but that's better suited elsewhere.

> It is not very helpful to accuse Danny or the Foundation of any sort of
> "memory hole" policies or of becoming closed like the ODP.

After subjecting earlier posts in this thread to a more careful
re-reading, it appears I missed the lines quoted in Matthew Brown's
original post, which made his comments appear to mean something very
different indeed when read out of context ("Danny doesn't want an
official decision of the Foundation on record") - hence my incredulous
reply.

I apologise for any offence caused by my misunderstanding. I certainly
wouldn't want anyone to compare a project of mine to the ODP. (Whoops,
there I go again!)

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Earle
(enjoying a hearty dinner of crow and humble pie)

--
Earle Martin
            http://downlode.org/