[WikiEN-l] 2 Questions for Jimbo about WP:OFFICE and things that aren't labeled WP:OFFICE.

John Tex johntexster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 19:56:14 UTC 2006

JimboWales said:
>Since WP:OFFICE is done publicly and under intense scrutiny from the
>community and the external world, I hardly see any need for a special
>narrow committee to be specifically tasked with overseeing it.

It seems that this was not true in this particular case.  Danny did not add
the WP:OFFICE tag.  There was every indication that it was not an office
action.  If it was a WP:OFFICE action, why did Danny not tag it as such?

>What should people do when they see a WP:OFFICE action?  Treat it as a
>call for attention from the absolute best within ourselves, the absolute
>best within our community.

That makes perfect sense but again there was originally no indication this
was a WP:OFFICE action.  So, the question I think many of us want answered
is, "What should people do when they see something appears to NOT be an
office action"?

Johntex