[WikiEN-l] Re: yet another image lost for posterity

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Tue Nov 29 01:13:27 UTC 2005

On 29 Nov 2005, at 00:43, Anthony DiPierro wrote:

> So if 25 people spend 1 hour a week it'll take...less than a year.
> The problem with this would be?

The other tens of thousands of images uploaded in the mean time. The
fact that when people complain about removal of one non free image they
point to others and say this hasnt gone yet why should mine go.

> Even if it's wasted effort 99% of the time (and I think this is a
> gross exaggeration), what about at least notifying users who *are*
> active, like, say, someone who currently serves on the board of the
> foundation?

How is anyone supposed to remember the usernames of everyone on the
foundation and why do they expect to get special treatment? For a
while we had some bot assisted notification for some classes of
speedy delete; hopefully these will return soon if the bot bureaucracy
can be overcome (er, performance improves). This particular deletion
is not about this really, it is about communication of changing policies
to people.

Justinc