[WikiEN-l] Re: Fwd: Google Alert - Wikipedia

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sat Nov 26 19:00:27 UTC 2005

Timwi wrote:

> I'm not much wikiolder than you are, but one observation I think I've
> made is a relatively sudden decline in eventualist attitude in 2005.

That's a very good way of putting it.

>  I think eventualists
> tend to assume good faith more, precisely because they are less worried
> and more relaxed. The more someone worries about Wikipedia's quality or
> reputation, the more likely they are to intervene vocally when they
> perceive some change as detrimental, giving a somewhat higher chance of
> generating an unpleasant environment.

There's a request for arbitration on this issue right now, concerning
assumption of bad faith and the promotion of assumption of bad faith in
the course of trying to clean house RIGHT NOW. The generation of an
unpleasant working environment is precisely what's at issue, and whether
this is acceptable behaviour.

- d.