[WikiEN-l] Re: Fwd: Google Alert - Wikipedia

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 21:52:30 UTC 2005

On Nov 26, 2005, at 12:49 PM, Timwi wrote:

> I'm not much wikiolder than you are, but one observation I think
> I've made is a relatively sudden decline in eventualist attitude in
> 2005.

I would agree with this wholeheartedly, except I would also note that
the push to "get it right now" is all too often turning into a push
to get it wrong - the move away from eventualism seems to me to be
accompanied by a dramatic lowering in our standards for ourselves. As
I commented on #wikipedia last night, if Larry Sanger submitted the
Larry's Text articles now, they'd get AfDed in a heartbeat. That's...
ummm... bad.

-Phil