[WikiEN-l] Deletion, & recreation

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 14:27:22 UTC 2005

On 11/11/05, Jason Y. Lee <jylee at cs.ucr.edu> wrote:
> Since when it has become standard to keep articles and delete recreations on sight?  Whatever happen to the philosophy we had on allowing an article to be deleted so that someone with the proper knowledge can properly write the introduction of the article?

That's a poor argument for deletion.  If an article is rubbish, you
don't have to delete its history to produce a rewrite.

On recreation, I do think there is a tendency to over-zealous use of
the recreation CSD.  In particular parking protection tags on certain
subjects seems to go against the spirit of both the encyclopedia and
the wiki.