[WikiEN-l] Deletion, & recreation

Kurt Maxwell Weber kmw at armory.com
Sat Nov 12 14:45:21 UTC 2005

On Saturday 12 November 2005 08:27 am, Tony Sidaway wrote:
> On 11/11/05, Jason Y. Lee <jylee at cs.ucr.edu> wrote:
> > Since when it has become standard to keep articles and delete recreations
> > on sight?  Whatever happen to the philosophy we had on allowing an
> > article to be deleted so that someone with the proper knowledge can
> > properly write the introduction of the article?
>
> That's a poor argument for deletion.  If an article is rubbish, you
> don't have to delete its history to produce a rewrite.

Unfortunately, too many incorrectly view deletion as a debate over the content
of the article rather than the worthiness of the article for inclusion.  The
deletion policy page explicitly states that "Article needs improvement",
"Article needs a *lot* of improvement", etc. are problems that are not valid
reasons for deletion, but the deletionists conveniently ignore this book of
their Bible.

If an article is completely without a shred of correct information, but the
subject itself is worthy of inclusion, then the article can always be blanked
to remove the anti-content; but listing something for deletion is a statement
that the subject itself is unworthy.

--
Kurt Weber
<kmw at armory.com>