[WikiEN-l] status correction

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 08:22:28 UTC 2005

On 11/4/05, steve v <vertigosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think the somunity made it's feelings pretty clear
> > at the RFC but no matter.
> >
> > You are the second admin to end up on arbcom after
> > pulling a 3RR block I placed on them, In neither
> case > has arbcom had the guts to make a straight
> descission.
>
> Wait a minute. Everybody agrees that the ruling lacked
> decisiveness, but to say the Arbcom lacks "the guts"
> is over the line and nothing short of a personal
> attack.

Maybe. But in both cases they had a descission to make. In both they fudged it.

> And since were on the subject, though youre a relative
> newbie, theres no excuse for you to have failed to
> apply 3RR properly, meaning you should have blocked
> CJK too.

No one reported him. Time is a finite resource. Cheacking for a 3RR
violation takes time. Now I can be contacted by email. You could have
used this to report CJK. You did not. Many other admins can be
contacted by email. As far as I know you did not. You were unlbocking
your self. You could have used the time to report CJK. You did not (in
fact no report against CJK was ever filed
[[Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/IncidentArchive39#3RR]]).

> What penalty should you suffer for making an improper
> block in the first place? I would prefer to just let
> that go, but my time in the stocks and your own
> "lacking" (of accountability), has soured my
> impression of you.
>
> Stevertigo

I'm accountable just as you are. In the overwelming majority of cases
only one side has broken the 3RR. Thus it isn't worth cheacking stuff
unless it is brought to your attention (it can easly take 15 mins to
do a complete check). For pretty clear reasons most people do make
sure to report stuff. Especially if they themselves have already been
reported.

--
geni