[WikiEN-l] Re: Press badges

Peter Mackay peter.mackay at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 2 06:13:10 UTC 2005

The same policy could (and should) be expanded to cover photographers. It is
an excellent policy.

Having photographs taken with free use on WikiNews (and Wikipedia) in mind
is certainly something worth striving for. However, we should pay some heed
to quality of product. It is easy enough to "clean up" an article, but there
are limits to how much a photograph can be improved after it has been taken.

A request for photographer accreditation should be accompanied by a
"portfoliio" of images already on WN/WP, and possibly the same sort of
people who routinely look at Featured Image Candidates could cast an expert
eye over them.

Peter (Skyring)