[WikiEN-l] block

hideki yukawa yukawa128 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 05:21:33 UTC 2005

Hi,
I would like to propose that the Wikipedia blocking
policy was violated.

In summary, this is the situation.
I posted once to Bektashi::Talk to discuss why
freestylefrappe removed a certain section from the
article.  This was due to the Bektashi page being on
the list of pages requiring moderation, and I wanted
to add to the discussion.

freestylefrappe sent me a msg to the following effect
on my talk page:

I suspect you are a sockpuppet of Aldirma's. However,
in the offchance that you are not, if you go back and
look at the different versions of the page you'll
notice that he is trying to paste in the entire
Bektashi jokes page. Assuming good faith, happy
editing. freestylefrappe 04:45, 2 November 2005 (UTC)

I responded to his msg to the following effect on his
talk page:

I suspect you start all your messages with offensive
accusations like "I suspect you're a sock puppet of
so-and-so." That being said, no, I'm not a sock-puppet
of Aldiramal or whatever his name is. If he is
copypasting verbatim, then it violates copy-right and
is not in line with this being an encyclopedia
article. However, inclusion of a jokes section with
paragraph explaining the role of jokes, and including
one joke, would seem fair. Happy editing to you
too.Wilgamesh

After this short exchange, Wikipedia indicated that I
was "blocked for personal attacks" by freestylefrappe.
 Relevant IP info given below.

Any ideas?  I suggest that freestylefrappe didn't like
the fact that I pointed out his message implicating
users being sock-puppets is HIGHLY OFFENSIVE, as
reputability is the only thing sustaining most users'
viability on wikipedia, and in a annoyance, moved to
block me.

I would enjoy a discussion.

best,
Wilgamesh

Your IP address is 128.103.96.115. Please include this
address, along with your username, in any queries you make.