[WikiEN-l] alleged censorship of Wikipedia

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Sat Sep 11 00:02:52 UTC 2004

On 11 Sep 2004, at 00:47, wikien-l-request at Wikipedia.org wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 22:51:14 +0200
> From: Jens Ropers <ropers at ropersonline.com>
>
> On 10 Sep 2004, at 21:19, wikien-l-request at Wikipedia.org wrote:
>
>> Message: 3
>> Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:47:08 -0700 (PDT)
>> From: Mr Paul Vogel <bannedneedle at yahoo.com>
>>
>> <snip>
>
> Please refrain from making sweeping politico-racial generalizations.

OMG.
That was a massive, MASSIVE shameful blunder from me.
I would like to apologize, deeply apologize to everybody for saying
"politico-racial".

Referring to Jews as a race -- that's a classification which was
utterly abused and discredited through its use in Nazi ideology; and I
would DEEPLY apologize for having made the moronic, idiotic, appalling
and shameful mistake of using it unqualifiedly and unthinkingly.

For the record: I utterly and totally recant the respective words
(referring to Jews as a racial group).

I do of course recognize that Judaism IS A RELIGION and that in a
worldly context, unqualified reference to Jews as a race smacks of Nazi
ideology -- something I would wish I could distance myself from as far
as possible.

'''The Israeli people''' are what potentially could in a worldly
context be regarded as a race -- if one ''has'' to use the grossly
inaccurate and dangerous term of "race".

I do realize that in the context of Jewish religion, there is the
notion of "the Jewish people", but that's '''in a religious context'''
and doesn't excuse my idiotic labeling of Vogel's reference to "Jews"
as "racial".

I should have said "religio-political generalizations".

With apologies to everybody,

-- Jens [[User:Ropers|Ropers]]
     www.ropersonline.com