[WikiEN-l] Please help. please.

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Sat May 31 18:33:50 UTC 2003

--- Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com> wrote:

> I've read most or all of the commentary (I don't know why :-) ),
> and I think he/she probably wants to work with others at some
> level, but is incapable of actually doing so. At this point I
> would just say to fix mistakes in article edits and otherwise
> don't pay much attention to him/her.

I tend to look at this the way you do, but I wish to add that the
incapacity is not a lack of capacity, but rather an inflexibility of
cooperativeness in the medium of the W.

> Triton reminds me a little of a certain type of student that
> you may have encountered too - wants to contribute, maybe even
> eager, but thick as a plank, unable to follow the discussion,
> and eventually becoming resentful and hostile as a result of
> repeated failure. It's sad, and we should give people like that
> the benefit of the doubt, but ultimately we have to ask ourselves
> whether (precious) time spent on the person is just being thrown
> down the drain.

Few people want to coach others, because of the perceived time
investment. Perhaps the pros and cons should be weighed.

=====
Christopher Mahan
chris_mahan at yahoo.com
818.943.1850 cell