[WikiEN-l] Re: Viking ban

Lee Pilich pilich at btopenworld.com
Fri May 30 23:49:04 UTC 2003

At 16:15 30/05/2003 -0700, Dante Alighieri wrote:
>In the interest of fairness I wanted to state that it may not be strictly
>true that no one objects to the ban on User:Viking.

Well I object if nobody else. Viking has done some pretty crummy things,
but the user made their first edit not 36 hours ago, and hasn't edited any
article at all in the last ten and a half hours (although judging from the
number of edits to user talk pages in that time, they've had plenty of
chance to do so). They've "vandalised" just two pages ([[fisting]] and
[[anal sex]]) over the course of just two days. I'm surprised this has
generated as much discussion as it has - there's an encyclopaedia to build,
let's send our time doing that instead!

I'm not saying I like the user, but banning should be a last resort, not
the first course of action. I suggest we just ignore them, and if they
delete content again, simply restore it without comment.

LP (Camembert)
Wikikarma: expansion at [[Luciano Berio]]