[WikiEN-l] Please help. please.

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Sat May 31 00:27:47 UTC 2003

Julie Kemp wrote:

> Anyway, could someone not currently involved (or who has not yet been
> blasted) PLEASE take a look? There’s a frightening amount of
> commentary, but I think this person is not in any way aware of how to
> work with others or really interested in participating in a positive
> manner. I am not using the “b” word, but if that is already something
> this user is under (it has been suggested he’s DW), then it’s not a
> problem. If it’s not, perhaps someone with a Voice of Authority (and
> in his eyes, the only authority is Jimbo, whose wrath he threatens
> regularly) could ask him nicely to quit his abuse and play nice?

I've read most or all of the commentary (I don't know why :-) ),
and I think he/she probably wants to work with others at some
level, but is incapable of actually doing so. At this point I
would just say to fix mistakes in article edits and otherwise
don't pay much attention to him/her.

Triton reminds me a little of a certain type of student that
you may have encountered too - wants to contribute, maybe even
eager, but thick as a plank, unable to follow the discussion,
and eventually becoming resentful and hostile as a result of
repeated failure. It's sad, and we should give people like that
the benefit of the doubt, but ultimately we have to ask ourselves
whether (precious) time spent on the person is just being thrown
down the drain.

Stan