[WikiEN-l] JohnQ / MaryMary - the clitoris guy

John R. Owens jowens.wiki at ghiapet.homeip.net
Fri May 16 13:19:44 UTC 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Daniel Ehrenberg wrote:

> Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 05:38:49 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Daniel Ehrenberg <littledanehren at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] JohnQ / MaryMary - the clitoris guy
>
> --- Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> > Daniel Ehrenberg wrote:
> >
> > >You're missing MY point. From a relistic
> > perspective,
> > >sexually explicit images are in a different
> > category
> > >than articles describing christianity in Western
> > >culture. I know it is POV, but I think it is
> > >nessessary in a situation like this.
> > >
> > Each category has its own range for what is
> > objectionable.  "Sexually
> > explicit" runs from suggestive almost nudity to
> > goatse.cx.  Others might
> > find the extreme views of "creation science" and
> > "holocaust denial" to
> > be just as objectionable.
> >
> > Ec
>
> Creation science and holocaust denial are
> objectionable, but they are presented as opinion, not
> fact. That is the main difference. You cant make an
> NPOV photograph.
>
> --LittleDan

So, umm, just what opinions does a photograph have? As long as they aren't
doctored or staged, photographs are about as NPOV as it gets around here.
You _can_ make a POV photograph, but you have to try.
The inclusion or not is where the POV usually starts to creep in. And it
seems to be trying to do so now.

--
John R. Owens http://www.ghiapet.homeip.net/
Understanding is a three-edged sword.