[WikiEN-l] Conventions and movie vs. film

Jason Williams jason at jasonandali.org.uk
Thu May 8 12:59:40 UTC 2003

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 05:57:26PM -0700, Zoe wrote:
> You don't see the irony of saying that because
> Americans use the word, we aren't allowed to us it on
> Wikipedia?  That because it's an Americanims, it's de
> facto wrong?  Sounds like anti-American arrogance, to
> me.  This is really, really, really, getting old.
> Fine, you don't want Americopedia.  What about
> anti-Americopedia?  Why don't you go off to your
> little corner of Europe and start your own?

I think you must have replied to the wrong message
or something, since the one you did reply to bears
no relationship with what you say here. It doesn't
say that "because it's an Americanims, it's de
facto wrong", it says "leave it in whatever language
the original author used". That may or may not be
a good idea, but it's certainly not "anti-american"
in any way, shape or form.

PS, can you not reply at the *bottom* of quoted
    bits? And snip irrelevant bits on your way
    down? It'd make things much more pleasant
    to read.

--
jason at jasonandali.org.uk    http://www.jasonandali.org.uk/jason/