[WikiEN-l] Conventions and movie vs. film

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon May 5 12:31:30 UTC 2003

Zoe wrote:
> You don't see the irony of saying that because
> Americans use the word, we aren't allowed to us it on
> Wikipedia?  That because it's an Americanims, it's de
> facto wrong?  Sounds like anti-American arrogance, to
> me.  This is really, really, really, getting old.
> Fine, you don't want Americopedia.  What about
> anti-Americopedia?  Why don't you go off to your
> little corner of Europe and start your own?

Zoe,

Please don't act this way, it isn't helpful.

Everyone please remember -- we're all individuals working together out
of a love for the project.  Don't make the mistake of letting our
personal interactions track world sentiment.  This means...

If you're mad at George Bush, don't take it out on Americans.  If
you're mad at Jacques Chirac, don't take it out on the French.

The fact that world tensions are high between some American and some
European politicians really has very close to zero relevance to our
lives here on Wikipedia.

Assume the best of others, so that they may assume the best of you.

--Jimbo