[teampractices] Interesting article on over-communication

Mukunda Modell mmodell at wikimedia.org
Sat Aug 22 00:05:38 UTC 2015

The ideas they are advocating strike me as the antithesis of how things are
done at wikimedia.

I often feel a significant friction and opposition to changing anything, to
the point where it feels difficult to get anything done because we must
spend as much time explaining and defending an idea as it would take to
simply implement it.

I definitely agree with their suggestion that it's often better to just try
something and kill off the failures, and it's something we don't do enough
of, in my opinion.