[teampractices] Project management tools evaluation: Your feedback needed

Stefano Maffulli stefano at maffulli.net
Tue Jan 14 00:16:48 UTC 2014

First post to the list: I work as Community Manager at OpenStack
Foundation, I'm interested in project management techniques and tools.
I've been investigating agile/scrum and open source within for profit
and non profit development efforts.

At OpenStack we've been using Launchpad for tracking work items
(bluprints) and defects (bugs) but the tool has strong limitations.
Recently we started developing a new tool to help us overcome Launchpad
while keeping its strong points (mainly the possibility to assign an
item -bug or task, to multiple projects). Storyboard is in its infancy
but we plan on running a development sprint before FOSDEM.

More details:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/storyboard/tree/README.rst

It may be something you want to keep an eye on since I believe it will
progress rapidly :)

Cheers,
stef