[teampractices] Project management tools evaluation: Your feedback needed

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Fri Jan 17 11:54:56 UTC 2014

Le 14/01/14 01:16, Stefano Maffulli a écrit :
> First post to the list: I work as Community Manager at OpenStack
> Foundation, I'm interested in project management techniques and tools.
> I've been investigating agile/scrum and open source within for profit
> and non profit development efforts.
>
> At OpenStack we've been using Launchpad for tracking work items
> (bluprints) and defects (bugs) but the tool has strong limitations.
> Recently we started developing a new tool to help us overcome Launchpad
> while keeping its strong points (mainly the possibility to assign an
> item -bug or task, to multiple projects). Storyboard is in its infancy
> but we plan on running a development sprint before FOSDEM.
>
> More details:
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/storyboard/tree/README.rst
>
> It may be something you want to keep an eye on since I believe it will
> progress rapidly :)

Hello,

I have installed when Thierry "ttx" Carrez (openstack Release manager)
told me about it.  I like the idea of having a simple tool that would
unify blueprints, defects and stories.

At Wikimedia we have a long history with Bugzilla; It is perfectly fine
for defect tracking but lacks proper support for blueprints or kaban
like management of stories.

I am not sure Wikimedia will ever migrate out of Bugzilla, doesn't mean
Storyboard is not something everyone should look at.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso