[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Feature Requests-1771986 ] interwiky.py trusted language:page

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 23 17:06:45 UTC 2009

Feature Requests item #1771986, was opened at 2007-08-10 20:49
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by purodha
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603141&aid=1771986&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
>Category: interwiki
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When I try to fix interwiki conflicts, I usually check my native language wiki and remove/fix incorrect interwiki links. Then I use interwiki.py to manually choose correct interwiki links when presented with choice.

This sometimes causes to choose from as much as 14 (!) different variants and shows hundreds of rows. This slows down the process:
    Try to find if the page from native wiki is in one of these groups. If it is, then choose this group. If not, then analyze different languages or view pages in  a browser.

I suggest to add command line argument -trusted (only in interactive mode).

When used, this should cause interwiki.py to automatically choose correct variant number based on initial language:page combination.

For example:
interwiki.py -lang:en -trusted Cat

(1) Found link to [[eo:Pantero]] in:
      [[da:Panter]]
      [[en:Panther]]

(2) Found link to [[eo:Hejma kato]] in:
      [[da:Kat]]
      [[en:Cat]]

Should automatically choose variant 2, because all interwiki links in en:Cat are trusted.

Date: 2009-01-23 17:06

Message:
I believe, the -localright parameter would - at least to a large degree -
provide what you want and fulfil your demand. Sorry. I cannot translate
that to french.

-- Babelfish translation, altered --
Je considère, le paramètre -localright ( au moins en grande partie ) de
fournir ce que vous voulez et accomplissez votre demande. Je sui désolé.
Je ne peux pas traduire cela au Français.

Comment By: Daniel Herding (wikipedian)