[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Feature Requests-1876050 ] Interwiki.py - earlier abort of a page wanted

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 23 17:27:42 UTC 2009

Feature Requests item #1876050, was opened at 2008-01-20 22:58
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by purodha
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603141&aid=1876050&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
>Category: interwiki
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When interwiki.py says:

WARNING: [[zxx:pagetitle1]] doesn't seem to be a disambiguation page, but [[und:pagetitle2]] is one. Follow it anyway? ([y]es, [n]o, [a]dd an alternative)

, one may be unable to decide, e.g. having insufficient skills reading the languages or scripts. It does not matter which answer one gives here, since later, when the same pages comes up to be finalized, one would usually have to give up on it.

I suggest, to add a choice to abandon processing the page at the earlier stage already, when the above message is shown. So, it could be extended as:

... Follow it anyway? ([y]es, [n]o, [a]dd an alternative, [g]ive up)

----

The same holds for the message:

WARNING: [[zxx:namespace1:pagetitle1]] is in namespace 1, but [[und:namespace2:pagetitle2]] is in namespace 2. Follow it anyway? ([y]es, [n]o)