[Labs-l] MediaWiki to LaTeX Compiler

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 22 13:07:20 UTC 2013

Here is the code,
http://sourceforge.net/p/wb2pdf/git/ci/master/tree/src/mediawiki2latex-server.hs

note: haskell often has resource problems, I am wondering if we can
reduce its memory usage.
I have done a lot of code optimizations in the past, one thing would
be to move out the image processing into another batch utility and
dont load them all into memory at once.

mike

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 5:25 AM, Dirk Hünniger
<dirk.hunniger at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I wrote a Mediawiki to LaTeX Compiler. It is part of the current version of
> Ubuntu. A binary for Windows is also available. I also put up a private
> server running it http://mediawiki2latex.mooo.com/ . Now I would like to
> shut down my private server and run it on labs instead. Since it loads full
> article into memory including high resolution images I would like it to
> access 8 GByte of RAM. Most of the it should need much less but for a few
> articles this is required. The Idea to run it on labs came up in this
> discussion http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants_talk:IEG/LaTeX_Export .
> There is also a project disciption page with more info
> http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/Benutzer:Dirk_Huenniger/wb2pdf . I already got
> the ssh access to tools-login.wmflabs.org . Currently I don't really
> understand the next steps I need to do. In particular since I need quite a
> high ram limit and I need a job that runs permanently.
> Yours Dirk

James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://www.flossk.org
Saving Wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com