[Labs-l] MediaWiki to LaTeX Compiler

Dirk Hünniger dirk.hunniger at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 22 11:25:53 UTC 2013

Hello,
I wrote a Mediawiki to LaTeX Compiler. It is part of the current version
of Ubuntu. A binary for Windows is also available. I also put up a
private server running it http://mediawiki2latex.mooo.com/ . Now I would
like to shut down my private server and run it on labs instead. Since it
loads full article into memory including high resolution images I would
like it to access 8 GByte of RAM. Most of the it should need much less
but for a few articles this is required. The Idea to run it on labs came
up in this discussion
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants_talk:IEG/LaTeX_Export . There is
also a project disciption page with more info
http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/Benutzer:Dirk_Huenniger/wb2pdf . I already
got the ssh access to tools-login.wmflabs.org . Currently I don't really
understand the next steps I need to do. In particular since I need quite
a high ram limit and I need a job that runs permanently.
Yours Dirk