[Labs-l] MediaWiki to LaTeX Compiler

Dirk Hünniger dirk.hunniger at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 22 13:19:25 UTC 2013

On 22.12.2013 14:07, Mike Dupont wrote:
> Here is the code,
> http://sourceforge.net/p/wb2pdf/git/ci/master/tree/src/mediawiki2latex-server.hs
Well I wrote that code. It is much more easy for me to keep the images
in memory in terms of code maintainability. I don't think its a memory
leak since the amount of memory is roughly the amount needed by the
plain image files. Furthermore the memory is also deallocated after each
ruh. If I reduced memory usage I could just rent a virtual server for 8
EUR a month, so running it on the labs would not be needed. The main
idea why I am asking to run it on labs is that I don't want to buy a
power efficient micro server for 600 EUR  and run it at home, which will
run approximately 5 times a day and take one minute per run. If it
becomes clear that labs won't accept a program that needs so much ram. I
could still reopen the grant to ask for the money the micro server or
the rent for a normal one. But I need a clear answer that the program
can not be run on labs if it have to have a memory limit of 8 Gbyte.
Yours Dirk