[Foundation-l] Push translation

Oliver Keyes scire.facias at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 00:54:31 UTC 2010

Agreed. There's one wiki which artificially inflated the number of articles
it had via a bot (I forget the specific language). That's not a way to
increase the wiki's strength. There's an old phrase used on en-wiki; "africa
is not a redlink". It means that because we have articles on a lot of common
things, the ways in which people can contribute have been reduced - they
can't write an article on africa, say. As such, the community growth is
slowing (one theory, not one I subscribe to). If you want to grow an active
userbase, which is the only way for sustained and non-artificial growth that
can respond to the concerns of its readers, you need an active userbase. And
for that, there has to be something they can write; there has to be a
redlink for Africa, or physics, or Britain. There has to be something where
the reader goes "I could fix that" and becomes an editor.

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 12:06 AM, Cristian Consonni <kikkocristian at gmail.com