[Foundation-l] Global sysop proposals

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 00:36:17 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't seen it discussed on this list, but are folks aware that Milos is
> arguing that the English Wikipedia community should be excluding from
> further voting on the global sysop proposals? Personally, it seems the
> height of strange to (1st) regard meta members as important only because of
> their home wiki and to (2nd) choose to exclude them based on one persons
> belief that an entire project community is being unreasonable.
>
> My view is that en.wp community members are as individually a part of the
> meta community as members of any other project community, and to begin
> excluding individuals based on other (non-meta) project membership is a
> dangerous precedent and also quite senseless.

I'd extend your point to say that to the extent that the local
communities aren't part of meta, that the meta-only part is the part
which should be excluded if anything..

It seems that no one other than Milos is really pushing that position,
so it's unimportant.. but it has brought up some interesting questions
about steward selection and confirmation.