[Foundation-l] Global sysop proposals

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 00:24:10 UTC 2008

I haven't seen it discussed on this list, but are folks aware that Milos is
arguing that the English Wikipedia community should be excluding from
further voting on the global sysop proposals? Personally, it seems the
height of strange to (1st) regard meta members as important only because of
their home wiki and to (2nd) choose to exclude them based on one persons
belief that an entire project community is being unreasonable.

My view is that en.wp community members are as individually a part of the
meta community as members of any other project community, and to begin
excluding individuals based on other (non-meta) project membership is a
dangerous precedent and also quite senseless.

Nathan