[WikiX-l] The goods have not been sent to our chapter yet, any way to arrange the express delivery?

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 20:29:52 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo)
<nemowiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> phoebe ayers, 14/01/2011 19:19:
>  > And yes, maybe distributing printing so a chapter takes it on for the
>  > region might be the way to go in future -- let's try it next time!
>
> Wikimedia Italia is available. :-)
>
> phoebe ayers, 14/01/2011 19:33:
>> OK, I created a page here:
>> http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Best_practices_in_mailing
>>
>> Please add your info, and change the name if you think of a better one :)
>
> I think that currently nobody knows how to write such a page: forwarding
> agents are in chaos because of the new security rules (which will be
> completely effective in July), some time is needed to understand how
> they should be applied... :-(
> On the other hand, USA AMS is quite established.
> The EORI is often just your VATIN.
> Anyway, this is exactly what forwarding agents are supposed to take care
> of...
>
> Nemo

Yeah, but for instance I know you know more than I do about mailing in
Europe because I have no idea what either the EORI or the VATIN is in
the first place :) At least if we can document the types of stuff that
is required or even document that it is uncertain because there are
new security rules, people will know to be careful and maybe resort to
a forwarding agent if necessary!

Phoebe