[WikiX-l] The goods have not been sent to our chapter yet, any way to arrange the express delivery?

Jay Walsh jwalsh at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 18 19:15:01 UTC 2011

Just FYI - we also have quite a bit of the information about challenges for global logistics here at WMF, and it seems like we're in a good position to post some of our information soon.

But the real success factor in global shipping is based on how much a -recipient- in a country knows about potential issues accepting shipments from a variety of places in the world.  This isn't something that most of us think about in our day to day lives.  It's similar to understanding how someone from another country can call you on the telephone - we're more focussed on how to call others than how to be called by someone else.

That being said, it's absolutely valuable for all of the chapters and global representatives to develop a local knowledge base about the potential problems and work-arounds for receiving goods and materials in your own country.  If each representative/chapter takes the time to do this, coupled with the Foundation's own information and learnings, then we're in a very good position to streamline shipping and mailings in the future.

Thanks!
jay