[Wikitext-l] Parser now available in svn repository

Andreas Jonsson andreas.jonsson at kreablo.se
Mon Aug 30 06:50:06 UTC 2010

2010-08-27 23:11, David Gerard skrev:
> On 27 August 2010 19:00, Andreas Jonsson<andreas.jonsson at kreablo.se>  wrote:
>

>> The performance isn't very impressive.
>> I've tried very quickly to make a comparison:
>>

> It's comparable, and I'm amazed!
>
> :-O

I would have thought that a "real" parser would clearly be ahead on
any input, but maybe I'm underestimating the original parser.  Anyway,
there should be room for optimizations.  Profiling shows that about
64% of the time is spent in the parser, while 25% of the time is spent
in the lexer.  To me it seems that the parser have an easier task to
do than the lexer, and should therefore be faster.

> So ... is it fit for people to drop into place and experiment with?

No, not yet.  Some features are missing and there is no php-integration
yet.  But unless I've missed something, there is nothing that I don't
immediately know how to implement.

/Andreas