[Wikitech-l] Alternative editor?

Seb35 seb35wikipedia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 20:35:26 UTC 2013

Le Fri, 19 Jul 2013 22:06:46 +0200, Derric Atzrott
<datzrott at alizeepathology.com> a écrit:
> Now I finally do have a question that might make some sense.  I'm
> attempting to
> replace the editor for Mediawiki for certain pages.  Are there any
> examples of
> how to use the AlternateEdit hook beyond looking at the code for
> Mediawiki
> itself?  Are there any extensions that make use of this hook?  Does
> VisualEditor?  I just want a second example of how to build an edit page
> that
> does things a little differently so that I can compare the two and learn
> a bit
> more about ways that I can go about this.

I guess you can be interested by the category
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:AlternateEdit_extensions>.

Alternatively Wikisource (Proofreadpage extension) uses a modified editing
interface in the Book: namespace and partly in the Page: with separated
header/footer edit boxes; this is implemented on the client side with
JavaScript.

~ Seb35