[Wikitech-l] No autodetection in Mobile Frontend extension

Patrick Reilly preilly at wikimedia.org
Sat Jan 7 10:19:16 UTC 2012

You need to set an xdevice header. We do that in our varnish caching layer.

You can modify the code to set it based on WURFL detection. I'll send you the modifications on Monday... if that is okay.

-- Patrick

On Jan 7, 2012, at 1:18 AM, Quim Gil <quimgil at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I have installed the Mobile Frontend extension in my pet project
> at http://espiral.org
> I only get to the mobile view manually, through the link at the
> footer. Autodetection of mobile browsers doesn't seem to work or I
> have done / missed something in my installation. I have got feedback
> from a bunch of users with a bunch of devices, nobody got the mobile
> view by default and all of them get it when visiting
> http://en.wikipedia.org
> Something that looks different in my installation compared to
> Wikipedia's is the lack of a redirect to a ".m." URL. I'm actually a
> bit confused about this. It is mentioned briefly at
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MobileFrontend but it is not
> clear to me whether this is something supposed to work automagically
> when installing the extension or whether there is something I need to
> do with the WURFL database, the LocalSettings.php, the web server...
> Other than this the extension works great presenting the mobile view
> of pages. Thank you very much for your work!
> -- 
> Quim
> _______________________________________________
> Wikitech-l mailing list
> Wikitech-l at lists.wikimedia.org
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l

More information about the Wikitech-l mailing list