[Wikisource-l] Pages without text

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Oct 14 16:42:38 UTC 2009

Syagrius wrote:

> If the Wikisources have adopted some common rules, every sublanguage
> should follow it. On the other hand, I don't understand why you don't
> want to transform these empty pages, since en.ws and fr.ws already did
> it and a bot could do it very easily. There would be absolutely no
> loss of quality or credibility...

There is no general process for adopting common rules on all
Wikisources, and, in fact, allowing rules to be developed separately
does give more room for innovation.  If Wikisourcerors had wanted common
rules they would not have allowed each language to develop its own
independent project.

I really don't care how blank pages are represented, but it is important
to note these in some way to forestall the inevitable complaint when a
page is missing.

Ec