[Wikisource-l] Proofreading

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 15:39:00 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 11/16/09, Cecil <cecilatwp at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I would like to know the opinion from the other
> communities. Is it acceptable for you to add a patch that
> does not change anything in your system or would you prefer
> that the German community forks?

Either is acceptable to me.  The most convincing reason to encourage de.WS forking is that it guarantees you all will not be back at this again the next time there is a code update complaining that de.WS was still not invited to review the code beforehand and approves all changes as you had demanded.  Or whatever new things you might decide complain about.  Merely putting the code in that allows customization, while unobjectionable, does nothing to resolve all the other outstanding accusations and demands that have been made.  Forking, if not actually resolving all of those things, at least makes the remaining unresolved issues largely irrelevant.

Birgitte SB