[Wikiquality-l] Flagged Revisions too intrusive

Tim 'avatar' Bartel wikipedia at computerkultur.org
Mon Sep 24 08:17:56 UTC 2007

Erik Moeller schrieb, am 24.09.2007 10:07:
> On 9/24/07, ulim <ulim at mayring.de> wrote:
>> I guess there are some articles, where vandalism is a huge problem and it
>> might be alleviated with flagged revisions. But an easier and less intrusive
>> way would be to just disable anonymous editing on these pages. And for 99% of
>> all articles vandalism is occasional and easily dealt with.
>
> Not letting unregistered users edit controversial pages at all is
> surely less intrusive than holding their edits for review?

Perhaps this is a misunderstanding by the OP.

There would be additional overhead, if the edits by the named
"article-communities" have to be flagged - but this wouldn't be the case
in 99,9% of the time, because it's highly likely that these persons
accomplish the requirements of flag articles as sighted by themselves.

But the edits by authors who are allowed to flag articles as sighted are
flagged as sighted automatically. So there would be no additional work
and no delay.

Bye, Tim.

--
http://wikipedistik.de