[Wikiquality-l] Description of missing features

P. Birken pbirken at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:48:42 UTC 2007

Hiho,

Joerg pointed out  one point in the description, that is completely
incomprehensible (the next to last point on the design). I therefore
resend the complete email with changes to this point, for easier
reference:

I think it is at this point useful to describe the missing features a
bit more precise. in particular, since I will be on a conference for
one week from next sunday on and after that on holiday for three
weeks. If anybody here thinks: "Ah, I know how to do that, please just
do it." In particular, Jörgs timetable is now such, that, although he
is still willing to help andwill be helping from time to time, we
cannot rely on him.

i) The Watchlist.

Behind every article in the watchlist, the appropriate icon should
show whether the current version is reviewed, sighted or nothing. If
it is nothing, the red minus should show and this should be a link to
the last sighted version. Thus, the users can sight articles from
their watchlist very easily.

ii) Recent changes.

Same as above. Here Aaron has already done some stuff, which has not
been synched with http://tools.wikimedia.de/~stable/phase3.

iii) The GUI

Aarons GUI is working on all skins. The design provided by Jörg does
only work on monobook and it is probably more useful for the german
version. Currently, it can be seen at
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~stable/phase3de/index.php?title=Irrlicht
(e.g.). These are the points that are missing:

# The GUI should be changeable in mediawiki settings (so that Aarons
and Jörgs are both usable).
# The box that appears when clicking on an icon should overlap the
text, not move it around.
# The icon should be placed outside the content box, on the same height as
the lemma, to the right.
# The icon that is shown should correspond to the type of version the reader
is seeing, with one difference to the first point (Watchlist) namely
that unsighted
is not a red, but a grey minus.
# In the box, a description of the levels (the yellow bubbles with
descriptions) is not useful in the german setting and should therefore
be turned off.

As you can see, it is really not much anymore.

Bye,

Philipp