[Wikipedia-l] facebook

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 18:37:30 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> A wikipedian asked me recently if I could allow him to join the
>  Wikipedia network on Facebook. This network requires to have a valid
>  email address from Wikipedia (whatever that might be... wikimedia.org
>  does not constitute a valid address).

For the record, it requires a @wikipedia.org email address (every
@wikimedia.org address should also work with @wikipedia.org, just make
sure to add an email address like 'fdevouard at wikipedia.org' to your
account email addresses).

Oh, and, if you feel your life would be enrichened by joining this
exclusive network (which is at the moment that small, that it had not
even an automatic overview page created for it), try to become a list
administrator somewhere, I was told to get into the network via
foundation-l-owner at wikipedia.org, and see, it worked...

Now back to relevant things,
Michael