[Wikipedia-l] facebook

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 08:51:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> A wikipedian asked me recently if I could allow him to join the
>  Wikipedia network on Facebook. This network requires to have a valid
>  email address from Wikipedia (whatever that might be... wikimedia.org
>  does not constitute a valid address).
>
>  Any idea who created that network ?
>  http://www.facebook.com/networks/50432512/Wikipedia/

Facebook company or school networks are reserved for people actually
associated with that company or school, which Facebook generally
enforces by requiring an email address at that institution's domain.

The Wikipedia network would be for employees from Wikipedia - I'm not
so sure how many people that would actually be.

Facebook probably created it themselves, possibly by request from someone.

-Matt