[Wikipedia-l] WP:OFFICE-like action in the Hebrew Wikipedia

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:04:54 UTC 2008

On 28/01/2008, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:
> > The current article also suffers from all the  brouhaha around it. It
> > has been edited by several new accounts, which are  most probably
> > operated by experienced users whose reaction to the situation  is part
> > encyclopedic, part tongue-in-cheek. Certainly not the right way  to
> > handle it.
>
> Yes, the article is POV and Yitzhak is known for 1) being litigious, and
> 2) twisting facts.

Wikipedians must not live in fear of litigation. As i stated on the
Hebrew talk page - an encyclopedia writer must fear the lie itself,
not the punishment for it.

Lawyers must not decide what encyclopedic truth is, but since lawyers
are an unfortunate part of reality, unpleasant action sometimes must
be taken. But what happened in this case was based on guesses and
(understandable) fears and not on proper legal advice.

I'm sure that discussions of this kind already happened many times on
the English Wikipedia and i don't need to add much more. Your
experience on the matter can help. I really don't think that we in
he.wiki should reinvent the wheel.

--
Amir Elisha Aharoni

English -  http://aharoni.wordpress.com