[Wikipedia-l] WP:OFFICE-like action in the Hebrew Wikipedia

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 08:21:41 UTC 2008

In a message dated 1/28/2008 2:13:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
amir.aharoni at gmail.com writes:

On  28/01/2008, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:
> That  said, having looked at the current Hebrew article, and being
familiar
> with the most of the incidents, the article is highly POV.  That is to
say, it
> may be sourced, but it is still POV. For any  Israelis reading this list,
Shach
> and Ovadiah Yoseph made no  less outrageous comments in their time, but
their
> articles seem  to be far more balanced.

The current article also suffers from all the  brouhaha around it. It
has been edited by several new accounts, which are  most probably
operated by experienced users whose reaction to the situation  is part
encyclopedic, part tongue-in-cheek. Certainly not the right way  to
handle it.

Yes, the article is POV and Yitzhak is known for 1) being litigious, and 2)
twisting facts.  Rather than simply protecting it, the article should be
stubbed first--I doubt he would have a problem with the current English  version
of the article at _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnon_Yitzhak_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnon_Yitzhak) .  For people who want some sense of who this guy
is, see
_http://www.trincoll.edu/depts/csrpl/RINVol6No2/Israel's%20Tele-rabbi.htm_
(http://www.trincoll.edu/depts/csrpl/RINVol6No2/Israel's%20Tele-rabbi.htm) .  Right now, the Hebrew version is essentially a two-line introduction,
followed  by a list of all the controversial statements he made.

Danny