[Wikipedia-l] be: and be-x-old: interwiki

Berto 'd Sera albertoserra at ukr.net
Thu May 10 09:04:09 UTC 2007

Hoi!

>Why should Belarusian speakers be *forced* to "maintain the unity"
>with something, in which they are completely *dis-interested
They cannot be forced and will not be forced. If and when be-x-old gets
switched off nobody from wmf will migrate a single line of the existing
be-x-old content. It will either be you guys doing it or nobody.

>Now there is this be-x-old which is now submitting for the renaming to
>be-tarask. One linguistic entity -- one WP. Quite fair.
Theoretically yes, in practice no, because be-x-old is NOT a recognized
linguistic entity. We just refused Romanesco based on this very reason, you
want us to start a civil war in Italy to make sure you guys are happy in
Minsk? Come on...

> The alternative Belarusian speakers which comprise the majority of old
> [[be:]] crew simply *hate* the normative variant of Belarusian, and
> that's the start and the end of it.
I'm kind of ready to believe that a number of personal feelings are involved
in this matter, yes :) Anyway, none of them is an ISO code.

> there are plenty of
> ways for the adminning group to discourage the creation of undesired
> content.
Yes, admins always have power, no matter the edition. And it's not even easy
to get rid of us bastards, because we have a better knowledge of the
environment and can always confuse a newbie by saying/publishing apparently
neutral stuff. Thank God this is not under my competence :)

Berto 'd Sera
Personagi dl'ann 2006 per l'arvista american-a Time (tanme tuti vojaotri)
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1569514,00.html