[Wikipedia-l] Be-x-old

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:38:11 UTC 2007

On 30/03/07, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> There is no choice when it comes to the names of the projects. The standard
> is explicit; a private label is indicated by an -x- at the right place in
> the label.
>
> Having two projects is also something I would be against; it does not bring
> collaboration, it does not bring NPOV. You have to get your act together and
> history shows that you now have to compromise big time. It has been
> indicated that the actual differences are less than what you find in English
> .. all the more reason to insist on collaboration.

If the differences are fewer than those between British and American
English (!), the committee was right to step in to prevent the
manipulative exertion of one over the entire project. Is it right to
dictate how the project should continue from here (apart from
insisting that the alternative orthography shouldn't be exerted
again)?

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)