[Wikipedia-l] [Foundation-l] Moldavian

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 19:37:25 UTC 2007

Besides the idea of cooperation and potential (or even definite)
eventual merger, I'm not sure what would be different about the
proposed plan you have outlined.

Vandalism has always been a problem on mo.wp, yes, but thankfully
there was recently appointed an admin, a German named Pill, who was
very good at deleting vandalism and blocking the vandals.

In the past, vandalism has been done by various people through
sockpuppet accounts, but within the last few months the only that
anyone did who was not an anon was Bonaparte, who is banned
permanently on en.wp, ro.wp, meta, as well as possibly other projects
(I know he caused quite a disturbance at roa-rup.wp, I would not be
surprised if he were to have been banned there too or other various
Wikis), and the user Euthymios, however Euthymios is not a "bad user"
so I am sure if given a warning he will back off (he was already
banned from mo.wp anyways).

As long as Pill is still active and willing to temporarily admin for
the mo.wp, I'm not sure what would prevent it from being re-opened
today along with the release of a new policy regarding the Wiki.

Mark

On 30/01/07, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Andre Engels schreef:
> > On the Moldavian Wikipedia it says for over a month "This wiki has been
> > closed for now." Is there any outlook on whether 'for now' means 'for ever'
> > or that it will be re-opened at some time? I am asking because I want to
> > know what to do with the interwiki for the bot. If the wiki is closed down
> > for good, I intend to remove them silently; if it will be opened up again
> > some time soon, I want to keep them in the same way as to 'normal'
> > Wikipedias.
> Hoi,
> The closure was done without the consent of the board. The language
> committee was asked to formulate an opinion, it is not of the opinion
> that the current situation is good. We proposed that this wiki would be
> reopened and that discussions would start on how the Moldovan and the
> Romanian Wikipedia can work together. An essential part of the time
> frame that will exist before this merger is that any vandalism will
> result in a ban for all the projects that such a person is involved in.
>
> It is particularly the vandalism that made the huha around the Moldovan
> Wikipedia so unpalatable.
>
> Thanks,
>     GerardM

Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.